Water Projects Lead – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for a Water Projects Lead to join our New Century Resources team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a FIFO 16/12 roster (point of hire Cairns/Queensland) on a 9 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Project Superintendent, this position will be responsible for:
- Water Projects Execution Lead will provide management, direction and coordination of the Water sustainability Projects at the Century Mine Site, Pipeline and Karumba, with specific projects including;
- Refurbishment of existing Bores
- In addition to the Raw Water Dam discharge integrate pipework into the Water Transfer System.
- Installation on flexible rising mains to facilitate maintenance
- Upgrade of control system to facilitate remote monitoring and control
- Optimisation of the existing WTS to maximise capacity
- Construction of a new Transfer Station and pipeline in parallel to the existing system to increase capacity to 800 L/s
- Refurbish LPPW water supply within the Process Plant and maximise ability to transfer to Hydraulic Mining
- Integration into Hydraulic Mining feed tank
- Construction of Holding dam to capture overflow and remove dependence on Transfer System
- Completion of Control System upgrade
- Integration to site DCS for remote monitoring and control
- Examine options for ex-pit pumping to allow utilisation of water resource
- Ensuring effective final project scoping, detailed engineering, competitive sourcing, and execution of all Water project deliverables across diverse disciplines
- Ensuring change management associated with the projects is understood and that integration of new processes into the operations occur with minimised interruptions
- Reporting to Projects Superintendent, timely communication of Water projects progress will facilitate transparency and governance in relation to Timelines, Budget and Quality/Safety
Key accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for Project adherence to approved timelines, budget and quality/safety requirements
- Ensuring that cost control and purchasing/financial processes drive value for NCR, including cost forecasting
- Continual review of execution schedules and plans to determine if the time frames can be compressed or costs reduced, opportunity identification
- Accountable for all HSE, and any other NCR site processes, required for all contractors and personnel during execution of project deliverables
- Oversee contract management and commercial execution of all sub-contracts, including ensuring delivery of all required engineering and planning documentation
- Manage any variations in relation to project costs or timelines, and recommend corrective action if required; Ownership of approved variation register
- Ownership of risk register, putting in place mitigation where appropriate and escalating where necessary
- Risk assessments, Hazops, Chazops facilitation
- Regular communication of Project progress and risks/opportunities to the Projects Superintendent and Steering Committee when required
- Regular Liaison with Planning/Scheduling/Scoping resources to ensure development, updates and accountabilities are understood, current and correct.
- Assist the Technical Lead to ensure operational aspects of each work pack are clear, checked and approved, and all relevant documents delivered prior to works progressing
- Ensuring that all NCR quality requirements are adhered to
- Provide support to operations management team during project execution and commissioning
- Review of the proposed commissioning documentation and methods prior to the works commencing and then checking adherence to these approved methods
- Project closeout and handover of projects to operations once all the necessary change management, risk assessments, commissioning and tests have been completed, including punch-list completion
- Ensure completion of all project Documentation to standards required under NCR policies, including, but no limited to Designs, Scope, Schedules, Performance testing, ITP/ITC’s, Commissioning packs, Close out, Handover packs.
- Direct management to ensure time, costs, risks, schedules Tracking tools are maintained to a current and quantitative process.
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Significant Project Management experience
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of water pumping, mining Industry experience
- Engineering Degree qualification (Trade and PM Experience considered)
- Project/Business Mgmt Qualification desirable.
- Senior First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience in mineral processing plant maintenance/operations.
- Strong proven qualities of leadership, integrity, loyalty and performance management.
- Extensive Project Management experience with water, borefields infrastructure experience.
- Risk mitigation
- Safety, Health, Environment and community relations capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office competency
- Ability to set and manage priorities for yourself and contractors
- Proactive and able to work autonomously
- Quick to learn and adapt
- Strong problem-solving abilities
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Great working roster
- Two gyms on site
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com. We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.