Superintendent Metallurgy (Operations) – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We will use our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to carry out operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exits for Superintendent Metallurgy (Operations) to join our team. This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (point of hire Cairns/Queensland).
Reporting to the Head of Processing, this position will be responsible for:
- Managing and improving the metallurgical and operational performance of the Processing Plant and Pipeline by providing technical support to Operations and Maintenance teams
- Implementing operating strategies and identify opportunities for improvement whilst managing routine tasks and reporting requirements
- Strongly focussing on meeting safety, cost and performance targets whilst maintaining alignment with the values & behaviours
- Ensuring the integrity and operability of the Metallurgy Laboratory and online analysis systems ensuring they are maintained to assist with assessing the performance of the operation
Key Accountabilities shall include:
- Manage and coach a team of metallurgists and met technicians in the performance of their duties by providing leadership and identifying needs for their ongoing professional and personal development
- Monitoring and improving the metallurgical performance of the Processing Plant by providing technical support to Operations to optimise grade/recovery, reduce treatment costs and improve safety
- Identify and solving operational bottlenecks in the process
- Assist in the design and improvement of operational philosophy for improved efficiency/effectiveness
- Identify issues with equipment performance and initiate corrective actions when performance falls outside of specifications
- Responsible for consumables usage and reconciliations
- Lead the production forecasting process for the Plant
- Implement process improvement ideas and deliver metallurgical projects to meet budget and forecast deliverables
- Assist with implementing metallurgical test work programs and plant sampling to diagnose process issues and identify areas for process improvement
- Maintain and develop the online analysis systems in the Plant
- Engaging with business partners to ensure seamless operational management of the Plant
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and accurate records maintained to meet Company standards and ensure statutory compliance
Applicants shall possess the following qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Tertiary degree in Metallurgy or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within various Metallurgical base metal positions
- Contractor Management and Metallurgical accounting
- Commissioning or post commissioning experience
- Base metals flotation and project management
- Scheduling and production planning.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cost management
- Familiarisation with online analysers for assaying and grind size measurement.
- Process control systems
- Change management and continuous improvement
- Troubleshooting/problem solving with strong decision making skills
- Setting priorities, monitoring, evaluation and feedback on team performance
- Effective communication with strong written and report writing skills
- Understanding of asset management, safety and environmental practices and regulations
- Remote site FIFO operational experience preferred
- Current C Class Driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- S123 (QMS)
New Century Resources offers:
- Competitive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Smart TV’s in bedrooms
- Two gyms on site
Please read the above requirements closely and upload a resume and cover letter (word document only) outlining how you meet the above criterion. For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.