Stores and Logistics Officer – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A permanent opportunity currently exists for a Stores and Logistics Officer to join our team. This position will be offered on a 14:7 continuous shift roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates with a point of hire being Cairns, North Queensland.
This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the procurement and expediting of parts, equipment and sundries to the operating site.
- Ensuring that the movement of stock in and out of the warehouse(s) is stored and recorded correctly in the inventory system and according to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Making sure the stores and logistical movements are conducted and operated in a safe, clean and efficient manner.
Key Accountabilities shall include:
- Assist in identifying cost-competitive and reliable supplies of materials.
- Support in undertaking that all materials are ordered (and received) according to specification.
- Expedite supply to site.
- Understanding and ensuring correct costing of materials.
- Assist in resolving disputes between site and suppliers on supply and specification problems.
- Accurate receipt and issue of all stock.
- Reconciliation of consignment notes and orders.
- Loading and unloading stock and bin items.
- Loading and unloading delivery trucks, accurately accounting for stock arriving and leaving the site.
- Identification and investigation of anomalies between physical and recorded stock levels.
- Maintenance of accurate records of issues, receipts, stocktakes.
- Training of other personnel where required.
- Ensuring the security of stores stock items.
- Other non-supply and logistics duties as reasonably directed.
Applicants shall possess the following technical, interpersonal skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- 3-5 experience in purchasing/supply and warehouse operations on remote sites.
- Forklift driving with nationally accredited certification.
- Truck driving with minimum of MR driver’s licence.
- Pronto systems or training
- Ability to work with safety systems
- MS Word and Excel (intermediate level)
- Elevated Work Platform licence (desirable)
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration.
- Performance Incentives.
- Salary packaging.
- Great working roster.
- Two gyms on site
Please read the above requirements closely and upload a resume and cover letter (word document only) outlining how you meet the above criterion. For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.