Site Electrician – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes
An excellent opportunity now exits for a Site Electrician to join our team. This position will be offered on a FIFO 16/12 roster (point of hire is Cairns QLD). This is a 9 month fixed term contract.
This position will be responsible for:
- Responding to electrical breakdowns both on the site, and in an emergency at the Port Facility situated at Karumba;
- Diagnosis of faults in electrical systems;
- Providing safe switching methods and procedures to the high voltage network within the site, and the Port Facility
- Undertaking routine and statutory electrical testing on equipment and infrastructure within the site;
- Providing safe and adequate electrical isolations to equipment being worked upon by others; and
- Working as part of a team, to respond and react to situations of non-electrical nature that may develop on site.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The effective and timely response to breakdowns, maintenance, routine and statutory testing in the areas identified below:
- Domestic electrical installations in accommodation facilities, laundries, and office environments;
- Commercial installations such as kitchen equipment, cooktops, ovens, bain-maries, dishwashers including an understanding of the electrical controls in HVAC equipment found in dining rooms, large office areas;
- Industrial wiring systems, as found in heavy plant and equipment including poly phase multi voltage DOL, reduced voltage, and VSD motor stating circuits;
- Hybrid installations as found in solar PV, diesel generation equipment;
- Duty/standby systems as found in standalone generator equipment, including the load shedding and synchronisation controllers;
- Remote telemetry systems as found in relay and remote dewatering pumping equipment;
- High Voltage (to 11,000) planning, scheduling and switching procedures and understanding: and
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems.
Ideally, applicants will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Heavy Industrial Environment.
- Proven experience within domestic and commercial works.
- Prior experience working within remoted localities (or similar).
- Electrical Workers Licence (Queensland).
- High Voltage switching competency.
- Low Voltage Rescue / CPR Accreditation.
- High Risk Workers Licence (Class WP, Elevated Work Platform).
- Refrigeration/HVAC highly desirable.
- Senior First Aid.
- Current C Class Drivers licence.
- Significant experience working with Indigenous employees highly desirable.
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.