Senior Metallurgist – Processing Plant – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for a Senior Metallurgist – Processing Plant to join our New Century Resources team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (POH Cairns/QLD).
The role of the Senior Metallurgist – Processing Plant is to manage and improve the metallurgical and operational performance of the Processing Plant and Pipeline by providing technical support to Operations and Maintenance teams. This consists of implementing operating strategies and identifying opportunities for improvement whilst managing routine tasks and reporting requirements.
The role is focussed on meeting safety, cost and performance targets whilst maintaining alignment with the values and behaviours to ensure the integrity and operability of the Metallurgy Laboratory, and online analysis systems are maintained to assist with assessing the performance of the operation
Key accountabilities will include:
- Monitor and improve the metallurgical performance of the Processing Plant by providing technical support to Operations to optimise grade/recovery, reduce treatment costs and improve safety
- Identify and solve operational bottlenecks in the process
- Assist in the design and development of process control loops for improved efficiency/effectiveness
- Identify issues with equipment performance and initiate corrective actions when performance falls outside of specifications
- Implement and ensure metallurgical and consumable reconciliations are routinely performed and assessed in comparison to budget and forecast values
- Ensure measures are in place for short through to long term planning
- Implement process improvement ideas and deliver metallurgical projects to meet budget and forecast deliverables
- Develop and conduct metallurgical test work programs to diagnose process issues and identify areas for process improvement
- Maintain and develop plant systems and reporting for assaying and grind size measurement
- Perform Radiation Safety Officer/Deputy Radiation Safety Officer duties as required
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and accurate records maintained to meet Company standards and ensure statutory compliance
- Understand business value drivers across the Process Plant and Pipeline and across the entire operation
- Manage improvement programs to maximise business value across site through improved performance and/or decreased operating costs
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- At least 7 years’ experience in various Metallurgical roles in Base Metals
- Contractor Management
- Experience in FIFO operations not required but favourable
- Commissioning or post commissioning experience preferable
- Tertiary degree in Metallurgy or relevant equivalent degree
- Current C Class Driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- S123 (QMS)
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Great working roster
- Two gyms on site
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please call Simon Beach on 0419 654 092 or email email@example.com to discuss this position further. Alternatively, submit your cover letter and CV below.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.