Projects Execution Lead – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to carry out operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long-term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for two Projects Execution Leads to join our New Century Resources team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (POH Cairns/QLD). This position is a 12 month fixed term contract.
The purpose of this position is:
- Projects Execution Lead will provide management, direction and coordination of specified capital projects at the Century Mine Site, Pipeline and Karumba
- Ensuring effective final project scoping, detailed engineering, competitive sourcing, and execution of all project deliverables across diverse disciplines
- Ensuring change management associated with projects is understood and that integration of new processes into the operations occur with minimised interruptions
- Reporting to Projects Superintendent, timely communication of projects progress will facilitate transparency and governance in relation to Timelines, Budget and Quality/Safety.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for Project adherence to approved timelines, budget and quality/safety requirements
- Ensuring that cost control and purchasing/financial processes drive value for NCR, including cost forecasting
- Continual review of execution schedules and plans to determine if the time frames can be compressed or costs reduced, opportunity identification
- Accountable for all HSE, and any other NCR site processes, required for all contractors and personnel during execution of project deliverables
- Oversee contract management and commercial execution of all sub-contractors, including ensuring delivery of all required engineering and planning documentation
- Manage any variations in relation to project costs or timelines, and recommend corrective action if required; Ownership of approved variation register
- Ownership of risk register, putting in place mitigation where appropriate and escalating where necessary
- Risk assessments, Hazops, Chazops facilitation
- Regular communication of Project progress and risks/opportunities to the Projects Superintendent and Steering Committee when required
- Regular Liaison with Planning/Scheduling/Scoping resources to ensure development, updates and accountabilities are understood, current and correct.
- Assist the Technical Lead to ensure operation aspects of each work pack are clear, checks and approved, and all relevant documents delivered prior to works progressing
- Ensuring that all NCR quality requirements are ahered to
- Provide support to operations management team during project execution and commissioning
- Review of the proposed commissioning documentation and methods prior to the works commencing and then checking adherence to these approved methods
- Project closeout and handover of projects to operations once all the necessary change management, risk assessments, commissioning and tests have been completed, including punch-list completion
- Ensure completion of all project documentation to standards required under NCR policies, including, but not limited to Designs, Scope, Schedules, Performance testing, ITP/ITC’s, Commissioning packs, Close out, Handover packs.
- Direct management to ensure time, costs, risks, schedules, tracking tools are maintain to a current and quantitative process.
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Significant Project Management experience
- Minimum 5 years of Mining Industry experience
- Engineering Degree qualification (Trade and PM Experience considered)
- Thorough knowledge of Process Plant construction, commissioning and maintenance
- S1, S2, S3 Certification
- Senior First Aid Certificate desirable
- Project/Business Management Qualification desirable
- Strong proven qualities of leadership, integrity, loyalty and performance management
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Risk mitigation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office competency
- Ability to set and manage priorities for yourself and contractors
- Proactive and able to work autonomously
- Quick to learn and adapt
- Strong problem solving abilities
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Great working roster and Company culture
- Two gyms on site
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.