Mining Engineer – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our, metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for a Mining Engineer to join our New Century Resources team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a FIFO 16/12 roster (point of hire Cairns/Queensland).
There is an opportunity to become apart of a fast moving company at a grassroots level and to grow your career as the company develops and evolves. New Century Resources is currently operating Australia’s largest hydraulic mining operation and is completing study work to determine the feasibility of its open pit and underground resources. Based in North Queensland and offering an attractive 16 days on and 12 days off roster, this role offers the opportunity to learn hydraulic mining while gaining exposure as the pre-operational phases of mine development. New Century values innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and the role will be diverse and provide freedom to move to implement new ideas and strive for best practice. For candidates with iron ore, coal or gold experience, working at Century offers the opportunity to gain exposure to base metals, working at a world class deposit.
The Mining Engineer is responsible for:
- Provide mining engineering support to the operation through project management, design and scheduling activities
- To be involved in the coordination, planning, design and compliance of mining activities in accordance with the safety health management system
- Communicating options, designs and plans with relevant stakeholders
- Take ownership of the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual schedules
- Liaise with support functions, including Approvals, Geology, Geotechnical and Hydrogeology, to understand risk and opportunities to the operation and to enable timely achievement of mining milestones
- End of month reporting, reconciliation and project work
- Provide professional advice, and hands on support to the Management Team to ensure that compliance with Mines Regulations, Mining Act and OHS&T systems and procedures are met or exceeded
- Providing site engineering requirements for Hydraulic Mining and future Open Pit Mining and Underground Mining operations.
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Strong production reporting, analytical, process improvement and optimisation skills
- Computer proficiency (Strong Excel Skills desirable)
- Strong understanding of open pit or underground operations
- Proven track record of delivery in a small team environment with solid communication skills
- Commercial and financial accu
- Drill and blast, pit or underground design
- Recent experience with industry accepted mine design and scheduling software
- Surpac, Vulcan, Deswik, Datamine, Micromine etc
- Minesched, xpac, spry, deswik scheduling skills
- Costing and budgeting forecasts
- 2-5 years’ experience in Open Pit or Underground site-based work
- Experience in production planning, drill and blast, scheduling highly regarded
- Experience in managing a team and working with contractors
- Communicating all plans and strategies with internal stakeholders
Education, Qualifications, Tickets, Licences:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering (Mandatory)
- First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Desirable)
- Quarry Managers Certificate of Competency (Desirable)
- Commercial or Financial Qualifications (Desirable)
- Current C Class Driver license
- Queensland Mining S1, S2, S3 Competencies
- Senior First Aid
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Great working roster
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply online via the “apply for this job” link with your cover letter and CV.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.