Manager – Marketing & Sales – Melbourne
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading economic mine site rehabilitation company, which used its metallurgical expertise and environmental management competence to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland in mid 2018. Renowned for having a spirit of innovation, courage and the ingenuity displayed by its people, New Century Resources aims to achieve long term economic rehabilitation of the mine to world class standard.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Sales, we currently have a vacancy for a Manager – Marketing and Sales to join our team in Melbourne. The key accountability of this position is to manage the Marketing and Sales function of New Century Resources.
With offtake contracts already in place covering a large proportion of current production, the Marketing and Sales team is responsible for the total administration of these contracts, and negotiating others as production expands.
Responsibility includes the entire sales function, from coordinating sales and liaising with offtake partners, through administering offtake contracts, tracking stocks at port, coordinating shipping, invoicing, monitoring and tracking assay and weights results, and receiving and making payments.
The mine will become one of the highest producing zinc/lead mines globally.
Key capabilities of the incumbent shall include:
- Experience in marketing, sales and shipping in the mining or related industry.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- High personal standards, business ethics and leadership experience.
- Familiar with Mineman or similar program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Enjoy challenges and striving for stretch targets.
- Knowledge of the mining industry.
Role accountabilities shall include:
- Manage the Marketing and Sales function within New Century Resources.
- Ensure alignment and integration with other parts of the New Century business.
- Monitor and report on key sales accountabilities and KPIs, including revenue parameters, customer performance and inventory levels.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing and Sales, review and enhance product sales contract templates and develop governance around implementation of these.
- In conjunction with the Lawn Hill mine site and the Karumba port, act to address deviation between customer and site product quality and quantity outcomes.
- Ensure that New Century’s commitments with respect to Product Stewardship are met.
- Identify, design and deliver programmes of work or change initiatives to improve the function.
- Provide support in the promotion of the company’s product to customers.
- Provide support in the negotiation of contracts of sale and supply.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing and Sales, maintain ongoing customer liaison on price, supply and quality.
- Ensure that mine, mill and port management fully understand the contract specifications and are continually provided feedback on product quality.
- Provide effective leadership, performance management, career development and succession planning for the marketing and sales team.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and maintain accurate records to meet Company standards and ensure statutory compliance.
- Provide clear and effective leadership of the marketing function consistent with values and the Code of Conduct; and
- Coordinate department budget development and manage expenditure within budget levels.
An attractive remuneration package plus performance incentives will be offered to the successful candidate.
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons.