ew Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for a Laboratory Coordinatorto join our New Century Resources team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (POH Cairns/QLD).
Reporting to the Laboratory Superintendent, the purpose of this role is to Manage the Assay Laboratory ensuring;
- Timely work flow into and out of the Assay Laboratory
- Performance and QA/QC criteria are met, including maintenance and calibrations
- Safety policies compliance and the need for enforcement
- The Laboratory is kept in a presentable manner at all times
- Costs are minimised wherever possible
- In addition, assist the Laboratory Superintendent in any appropriate tasks as required from time to time
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensure staff compliance with an appropriate Quality Management System, including staff training, consumable control, risk assessments, purchasing and SDS management
- Follow systems and coordinate the delivery of the Laboratory results in a timely, safe and effective manner
- Ensure calibration, maintenance and cleaning of laboratory equipment and laboratory areas
- Deputise for the Laboratory Superintendent in regard to Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Maintain and foster an exceptional work ethic
- Observe safety regulations and compliance with New Century Resources policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, contamination-free work environment
- Safe and environmental compliant management of analytical reagents, chemicals and laboratory waste
- Taking the initiative to continually improve the work, the overall business and promote the goals of the organisation
- Working effectively and collaboratively with immediate colleagues and others in cross-functional relationships, on tasks within the context of New Century Resources vision.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant regulations and statutory authority requirements to minimise the companies risk exposure and liabilities
- Ensure that the Lab operates in a manner which maintains and enhances New Century Resources’ reputation with all stakeholders and any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Laboratory Superintendent or Processing Plant Management
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Greater than 5 years’ experience working in site-based mining operations including XRF
- A minimum of 1 year FIFO experience on a remote site / location
- Diploma or higher in Applied Science or Science Degree – highly valued
- Current Senior First Aid / First Aid / CPR Certificates Desirable
- Current C Class Driver license
- QMS 1, 2 and 3 – Highly Valued
- High level analytical skills and knowledge coupled with a strong hands on approach.
- Experience running a multi-instrument laboratory including XRF, AAS, Carbon Analysers, Auto fusion units
- Strong knowledge of XRF operating principles, calibration and troubleshooting.
- Safety, Health, Environment and community relations capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and effective time management planning ability
- Ability to set and manage priorities as directed by the Laboratory Superintendent
- Strong computer skills in Excel (especially statistics) and Word.
- CCLAS LIMS experience essential.
- Base metals laboratory / laboratory operations knowledge
- Sound metallurgical testing knowledge.
- Wet chemistry knowledge
- Calibration, maintenance, equipment cleaning and continuous improvement
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Great working roster
- Two gyms on site
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link. Resumes to be uploaded in Word Document only.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.