Hydraulic Mining OHS & Security / Emergency Officers – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our, metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long-term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
Rewarding opportunities with New Century Resources have now been created for two Hydraulic Mining OHS & Security / Emergency Officers to join our team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a FIFO 16/12 roster for non-local residents (point of hire Cairns/Queensland). Initial appointments will be on a fixed-term 6-month contract with the potential of an extension.
Reporting to the Hydraulic Mining Superintendent and Occupational Health, Safety and Training Manager, the main requirements of this position consists of:
- Co-ordinating the provision of a Health, Safety, Security and Training support network to the Century Mine including the New Century Resources team, contractors and visitors;
- Co-ordinating the proactive efforts of the team in the promotion of a healthy lifestyle and an overall “readiness for work” promotion and provides linkages with other emergency services.
Key responsibilities of this position shall include but not limited to:
- Hydraulic Mining Safety Management System Establishment such as creating mining procedures, implementing a health and safety management system, training (operational/managerial) and establishing matrixes.
- Emergency Planning, consisting of assessment of evacuation, emergency and crisis procedures, reviewing, maintenance and checking of equipment, training and responding to emergency calls.
- Health, Safety and Training consisting of promoting awareness of OHS&T practices, reporting of incidents, supporting teams in safe work procedures with JSA’s, provision of coaching and training.
- Security such as conducting site escorts, gate security, responding to incidents, monitoring of CCTV cameras/systems and access control.
- Zero Harm Safety Culture consisting of an on the ground approach, compliance focus, behavioural training, improving hazard identification and risk management.
Ideally, we are seeking applicants who possess the following skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated personal drive and the highest levels of integrity
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills, including the ability to control difficult and stressful situations
- Well-developed ability to use information and communication technology systems
- Ability to apply independent thinking and common sense in decision making
- Degree of fitness to provide emergency response as required by site standards
- Emergency Response
- Exposure to Security CCTV and Access Control
- Chronic disease education / Health promotion
- Return to work / Injury management procedures
- Environmental health factors
- Scenario Workforce an MS Office
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in workplace health and safety and security systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operating at a mine site
- Minimum 3 years in emergency management (mines rescue)
- Operational or trades experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment very highly valued
- Process plant exposure highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience with Scenario Workforce and MS Office to a proficient level
Qualifications and licences:
- Qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety or associated fields is desirable
- Qualification in Training and Assessment (Cert IV or higher) highly regarded
- Certificate III Mines Rescue – highly regarded
- Current C Class Driver license
The advantages working for New Century Resources includes competitive remuneration, performance incentives, salary packaging, great working roster and on-site gyms.
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply online at “apply for this job” link.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.