Accounts Payable Officer – Melbourne
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for an Accounts Payable Officer to join our New Century Resources team based in Melbourne CBD.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Verifying and preparing and paying invoices.
- Receiving payments.
- Issuing receipts.
- Issuing remittance advice.
- Reconciling AP balances on a monthly basis.
- Processing all documents for suppliers.
- Processing all transactions in the pronto system.
- Understanding of the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Working strictly within the delegated authorities’ manual and ensuring all transactions are authorised to the correct level.
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years Accounts Payable experience.
- Specialist skills in Accounts Payable.
- Strong Accounting Skills.
- Audit awareness.
- Pronto ERP systems highly regarded.
- Understanding of Mining/Resources and roster requirements.
- Strong planning ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Effective communicator at various levels (Management, Technical, Operational);
- Ability to work tactically and think strategically; and Self-starter.
A competitive remuneration package plus performance incentives will be offered to the successful candidate.
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
Please upload your resume and cover letter in Word Document only.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons.