Office Manager – Melbourne
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for an Office Manager to join our New Century Resources team based in our Melbourne CBD Head Office for a 12 month Maternity Leave contract.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Controller, this position will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the administration and general running of the Melbourne Corporate office is well organised resulting in a smooth-running office.
- Ensuring that the CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO) are well supported where required by the provision of general organisational support.
- Provide general Human Resources support across the company where required.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Assist the CEO and COO with all administration requirements
- Responsible for dealing with telephone queries and handling visitors to the office;
- Developing and implementing new office processes to enhance the efficiency of the office
- Providing support to the team with ad hoc administration as required;
- Travel administration including, assisting with meeting planning and set up, booking venues for the events, booking hotels for visiting company employees, assisting with catering, etc.
- Book all domestic travel including flights, accommodation and car hire, and reconcile travel statements
- Coordinate overseas travel bookings with travel provider and reconcile travel statements
- Assist with document management and control for Corporate documents, including assisting with the development and implementation of templates and standard documents;
- General office administration including, sort incoming and outgoing mail, organise couriers, co-ordinate meeting room bookings, order stationary and kitchen supplies;
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Liaise with building management for office maintenance, including repairs, security access etc;
- Update company website including posting of available jobs and news reports. Update content on ad hoc basis;
- Onboarding of new office staff, including allocating a desk, organising security access, liaising with IT department for laptop setup, induction to office etc;
- Organise various Expo’s throughout the year
- Organise staff events, including Christmas Party
- Take meeting minutes and send to all relevant people
- Post all available jobs on Seek and company website and then send applications through to the hiring manager. Arrange interviews and reference checks
- Arrange police checks, pre-employment medicals for all new hires and where required OPIC profiles
- Arrange uniforms for new site staff, including raising purchase requisitions through Pronto
- Send hiring managers recruitment status spreadsheet each week
- Prepare employment contracts and ensure that all required employee forms are received and provided to the appropriate department
- Generate HR letters as required
- Ensure employee files are being maintained and all relevant information is filed
- Ensure office employees annual leave and sick leave is processed with payroll
- Send work anniversaries to managers each month
- Ensure probation periods are being reviewed by hiring managers and documentation is being completed
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience (min) in an Office Manager role or similar role
- HR Administration experience
- Qualifications in Business and or Administration would be well regarded
- Strong organisational skills;
- Advanced software skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, WordPress also highly regarded
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong planning ability;
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Effective communicator at various levels
- Conflict resolution
- Team Player is essential
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- New office in the heart of the CBD
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office weekly
- Friendly team environment
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please submit your Covering Letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for this position, along with your CV.
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.