Metallurgy Technician – Processing Plant – Century Mine
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. We are using our metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, we rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by our people to achieve world class outcomes.
A rewarding opportunity now exists for a Metallurgy Technician – Processing Plant to join our New Century Resources team based on site at the Century Mine (Lawn Hill). This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (POH Cairns/QLD).
The role of the Metallurgy Technician – Processing Plant involves:
- Support the Metallurgy group to ensure that the performance of the Process Plant is optimised by conducting metallurgical testing and plant surveys.
- Assist the Metallurgists with development testwork with a focus on maximising zinc recovery and reducing operating costs.
- Maintain and calibrate the process instrumentation; MSAs, PSI and ancillary systems.
- Manage routine testwork that assists in the evaluation of the circuit performance.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Maintenance and operation of the MSAs and PSI.
- Maintenance and upkeep of fixed plant samplers, pumps and piping systems.
- MSA calibration sampling and implementation of regression calculations.
- Laboratory flotation testing for different conditions ie. reagents, flowsheets.
- Sample preparation.
- Sample sizings using screens, cyclosizer and laser sizer.
- Accurate compilation and presentation of plant assay and sizing results.
- Plant surveying.
- Process consumable stocktaking.
Ideally, applicants will possess the following technical skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- At least 3 years of site-based experience in a similar role
- Base metals processing knowledge.
- Familiarisation with online analysers for assaying and grind size measurement.
- Familiarisation with Met Lab practices and equipment including sample prep, sizings, grinding and flotation tests and laser sizing.
- Computer applications – spreadsheets and word documentation.
- Safety and environmental practices and regulations.
- Experience in FIFO operations not required but favourable.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Decision making skills.
- Written and verbal reporting.
- Effective communicator at various levels (management, technical, operational, business partners, vendors)
- Current C Class Driver’s licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
New Century Resources offers:
- Attractive remuneration
- Performance Incentives
- Salary packaging
- Great working roster
- Two gyms on site
For more information on New Century Resources please refer to our website: www.newcenturyresources.com
We welcome your interest in joining our team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link. Resumes to be uploaded in Word Document only.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.