Lawn Hill and Riversleigh, two iconic pastoral properties with great meaning to the people of the Gulf, were acquired during the 1990s to enable development of Century.
A key provision of the Gulf Communities Agreement (GCA) was that these pastoral properties would be joined to form the Lawn Hill Riversleigh Pastoral Holding Company (LRHPHC). Ownership of these properties was also to be progressively transferred to the Traditional Owners of Country, the Waanyi people.
The formation of Lawn Hill and Riversleigh created a 539,000-hectare pastoral property – a property with great potential for the Waanyi people and the region.
Today, the Waanyi people own 51% of the company with Century retaining the remaining 49%.
The LHRPHC Board includes representatives of the Waanyi people and Century.